Thanks, SO Much! This really works.
Ical To-Do Item Reminder:
I use my Address Book to take notes on conversations I have. Many times I need to remind myself to follow-up with that person at a later date.
Using the Script as it currently exists, you can create a Reminder and it does give you the Contact’s name and phone number to call.
HOWEVER, it defaults to today’s date as the “due date”. In order to change the reminder to a future date or specific time is a real pain.
HOWEVER, I found a work-around so that you can schedule a Reminder on a specific date without having to enter the date and also give it a specific time. It’s double work, but ultimately very useful and much simpler:
• If you are in Address Book at a specific contact “Jeff Smith”
• Click on label (cell, home, etc) of number you want to call
• Pull down menu: Schedule Call to “Jeff Smith”
• It places a Reminder in the Reminder column (right of iCal Calendar) with the name and number
• Drag this Original Reminder to the actual date on the iCal calender you want to be reminded
• It places this event on that date.
• At that point you can edit it as you would a normal event…including date, time, alert, etc.
• If you want to just keep it in your calendar as an event then nothing more is required.
• If you want to just keep it as a Reminder and not physical on your Calendar,…..
• Drag this ICal Event to the Reminder List. This new reminder will be labeled with the new date, etc.
• You can Delete the Original Reminder in the Reminder List and the ICal Event in the iCal Calendar what will remain is the modified Reminder with all the extras….proper date, time, alarm, repeat, etc.
The Script and the above procedure works in 10.7.4!
Welcome! OmniNerd's content is generated by nerds like you. Learn more.