Daily Calories Burned

Obsessing over calories can be a mess with the diet, especially if reducing calories in meals is not reflected as we expected when climbing the scale. And it is that, although to maintain the ideal weight you have to control the calories of food (read food labels helps to lose weight), you also have to remember that are not the only ones that count when it comes to slimming.

 

Our organism is continuing to consume energy, even when we are at rest (inverts energy in maintaining body temperature, among many other functions). As we age, this energy expenditure is shrinking. The body also consumes energy when it comes to digesting and metabolizing food. It is what is known as the thermal effect of food. And finally, one way to increase energy expenditure is to practice physical exercise, essential for keeping fit and taking care of the weight.

 

How many calories do you need a day?
This is the first question we need to make before we drastically cut the diet. Each of us has a specific energy expenditure, in which they intervene, among other factors, age, physical activity, type of work and, even, the own weight. On average, for a woman weighing 60 kilos (active and practicing daily exercise), the caloric need is between 1,900 and 2,100 calories.

 

The most advisable is to distribute them in five meals a day, being the breakfast one of the most important, and that must contribute 25% of the daily energy consumed. In the middle of the morning, we should take 10% of the total calories. 35% in food; 10% in the snack; and 20% at dinner.
How many calories do you burn?
Every activity that we perform throughout the day implies a calorie consumption, from something as simple as sleeping (55 kilocalories/hour). Let’s see, then some of the activities that burn more calories if we put them into practice:
Lying down: 65 kilocalories/hour
Standing: 100 kilocalories/hour
Dress up: 130 kilocalories/hour
Stay seated: 90 kilocalories/hour
Type in computer: 110 kilocalories/hour
Driving: 130 kilocalories/hour
Walk (between 4 and 5 kilometres per hour): 280 kilocalories/hour
Bike Ride: 400 kilocalories/hour
Run: 600 kilocalories/hour
Stair climbing: 900 kilocalories/hour
Swimming: 450 kilocalories/hour
How to spend more calories?
For example, using the spices for the recipes (pepper, mustard), as they not only enhance the taste of the dishes but increase the caloric expenditure. Drinking a lot of water also helps and, above all, avoiding fatty foods. and fundamentally, practicing physical exercise on a regular basis.
burncalories
Facebook Comments

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This