Today, President Obama signed a $42 billion bill aimed at helping small businesses stimulate the economy. The money from the Small Business Jobs Act actually goes to banks with less than $10 billion in assets so that they can issue loans to small business owners. Just grabbing some older, American small business statistics from 2008 makes one wonder just a little:
- With an estimate of 27.5 million small businesses, an even distribution means there’s only about $1000 available per business.
- Isn’t this the same administration that intends to eliminate tax breaks for Americans making more than $250K (which probably targets large swaths of small business owners)?
Similarly tagged OmniNerd content:
- 60 Minutes Report on HFT, by VnutZ over 4 years ago
- Hostile Takeover Opportunity of BP, by VnutZ about 5 years ago
- Comparing Very Small Business Free Checking Options, by Brandon over 7 years ago
- Very Small Business Banking: Checking, Savings, and Investments, by Brandon over 7 years ago