Albums I purchased in November 2008:
- A. C. Newman – The Slow Wonder – Sounds just like a New Pornographers album.
- AFI – Sing the Sorrow – Their newer album convinced me to get over the bad taste their live show left in my mouth a few years ago. It was a good call.
- Against Me! – ’’The Acoustic E.P." – They always seem more "them" unplugged.
- Bayside – Shudder
- Bloc Party – Intimacy – Whoa, Nelly. Somebody wanted to experiment a lot here. Still good, though.
- Fightstar – One Day Son This Will Be Yours
- Guided by Voices – Earthquake Glue – I finally picked up this heralded album. It’s obvious why it gets so much hype.
- Jeff Hanson – Madam Owl – A lot like his other releases (i.e., solid singer/songwriter stuff).
- Opeth – Watershed and Ghost Reveries – Opeth likes to jump genres, and I like Watershed better than Reveries (so far).
- Plain White T’s – Big Bad World – Another album of great punk-pop (although they seem to lean more on the pop this time).
- Portugal. The Man – Censored Colors – I’ve come down a little off of my Portugal high, but I think this is their better album.
- Sharks Keep Moving – Sharks Keep Moving – I like the idea of this band, but I listening to it bugs me. Bust.
- Snow Patrol – A Hundred Million Suns – Nice. Very nice.
- Static Lullaby, A – Rattlesnake! – More abrasive than before, but better songwriting.
- Toadies – No Deliverance – They’re back! I need more time here to let the expectations settle.
- Unearth – The March – Face. Officially. Melted.
- Welcome Kings – Daddy’s Hands – Sometimes I can handle the weirdness, and others I can’t. I think I need a lot more listens on this one.
Similarly tagged OmniNerd content:
This article was edited after publication by the author on 11 Feb 2010. View changes.