Albums I bought in March 2010:
- Cancer Bats – Birthing the Giant – Good hardcore punk.
- Christiansen – Stylish Nihilists – Maybe not a total bust, but very close to it. (And to think they were supposed to be like Sparta.)
- Crime In Stereo – I Was Trying to Describe You to Someone – Another good album from them.
- Damien Rice – O – A little too much like Jack Johnson at a couple of places, but good singer/songwriter-ness for the most part.
- Frightened Rabbit – The Winter of Mixed Drinks – These guys are really growing on me.
- National, The – Alligator – Need some time, but this feels like it’s headed in the same direction as their later album (i.e., to a good place).
- Rival Schools – United By Fate – Another supposed-to-be-like-Sparta-but-could-be-a-bust album.
- Rocket Summer, The – Of Men and Angels – Can this guy knock out some serious pop-punk, or what?
- Rogue Wave – Asleep at Heaven’s Gate
- Rosie Thomas – These Friends of Mine -
- Shearwater – The Golden Archipalego – A little bit of a let down after the stellar Rook.
- Silversun Pickups – Carnavas and Swoon – I picked these both up to prep for seeing them open for Muse. (The greatest concert I’ve ever seen, by the way. Muse, that is.) Both are okay, with Carnavas being my favorite of the two.
- Society’s Finest – And I, the Drunkard – Need more time.
Similarly tagged OmniNerd content:
This article was edited after publication by the author on 01 May 2010. View changes.