Albums I purchased in July 2010:
- Against Me! – White Crosses – They’re still inching further from their stripped down, I-use-a-upside-down-bucket-as-a-drum roots, but it’s good music nonetheless.
- Alesana – The Emptiness
- At All Costs – Circle of Demons
- Avenged Sevenfold – Waking the Fallen – I was curious what their older stuff was like. Turns out it’s not as original (i.e., more typical hardcore/metal) … but still decent.
- Ben Folds Five – Ben Folds Five – How did I go this long without picking up the album that started it all?
- Bishop Allen – The Broken String
- Chevelle – Sci-Fi Crimes – I skipped their last one due to less-than-stellar reviews. This album seems to have them back in the action – although I still have trouble not wishing they were Tool.
- City and Colour – Sometimes
- Coalesce – Ox
- David Bazan – Curse Your Branches
- F***ed Up – The Chemistry of Common Life
- HEALTH – Get Color
- High on Fire – Snakes for the Divine – Face. Melted.
- Howl – Full of Hell
- Integrity – To Die For
- I See Stars – 3-D
- Manntis – Sleep in Your Grave
- Matt Pond PA – Several Arrows later
- Remembering Never – God Save Us
- Strand of Oaks – Pope Killdragon
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – It’s Blitz! – Their best album so far, in my opinion. Less repetition, more flow.
Similarly tagged OmniNerd content:
This article was edited after publication by the author on 27 Sep 2010. View changes.