Music I purchased in December 2008:
- Elbow – The Seldom Seen Kid: excellent indie rock album
- Elvis Perkins – Ash Wednesday: solid singer/songwriter, but the album feels a little front heavy
- Fall Out Boy – Folie Ã Deux: return to form after the somewhat druggy Infinity On High
- Killers, The – Day & Age: I still don’t understand why Sam’s Town got such mediocre reviews, but it’s easy to see why critics are raving about Day & Age.
- Metallica – Death Magnetic: I never thought I’d live to see the day Metallica released another face melter. The instrumental in the middle is rather boring, but the majority of the album is black album-esque.
Similarly tagged OmniNerd content:
This article was edited after publication by the author on 07 Jan 2009. View changes.