Music I purchased in the first quarter of 2012:
- Asking Alexandria – Reckless and Relentless
- Blackout, The – Best in Town
- Classic Crime, The – Acoustic EP: Seattle Sessions
- Day to Remember, A – What Separates Me from You
- Demon Hunter – The World Is a Thorn
- Distillers, The – Coral Feng – Not quite as much angst on this one, but still top-notch (and slightly poppy) punk.
- Four Year Strong – Enemy of the World
- Joy Formidable, The – The Big Roar
- Manchester Orchestra – Simple Math
- Nada Surf – The Stars Are Indifferent to Astronomy – Thumbs up. They keep doing what they do. (Which is indie rock, btw.)
- Of Mice & Men – The Flood
- Periphery – Periphery – Liked this so much I saw them in concert.
- Scar Symmetry – Dark Matter Dimensions
- Snow Patrol – Fallen Empires
- Thrice – Major/Minor – I think they’ve discovered where they want to be … and I like it. (Although I’m not sure this will ever allow them to dislodge The Artist in the Ambulance as my favorite record of theirs.)
- Vampire Weekend – Vampire Weekend – BUST! Frown.
This article was edited after publication by the author on 02 Jul 2012. View changes.